Wednesday, August 13, 2008

One (Hopefully) Giant Leap For Womankind

It's probably been posted all over the feminist blogosphere, but I had had HAD to put it up here. Thanks to Cara over at the Curvature for bringing it to my attention, apparently via Feministing. It's also been cross-posted over at Feministe.

The Democratic Party Platform is looking pretty woman-friendly. Holy shit, maybe someone doesn't hate us after all? It's not everything, it's not perfect, but it's a damn good start- or rather, an improvement on what was started with Roe v. Wade.
I suggest- strongly- that you head over to the Curvature and check out Cara's post. It will make your day better!

I want to hope that things can get better. If this becomes a reality, things will. I promise, America, society will not fail, democracy will not fall. Not any more than they have already, anyway. Women will be safer and more secure in themselves and their lives, and how can that be a bad thing?