Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Trepidation About Fuzzies


I'm leaving for a week's vacation in the Frozen North tomorrow. As excited as I am to see my partner (and have sex for the first time in three weeks), I'm uneasy with the idea of leaving both Loki and Haven with my mom. What's she going to do the first time Loki pees in a corner? (Ahh, the wonderful world of ferrets.) I'm leaving a copy of Ferrets For Dummies; whether it'll get read or not is anyone's guess. Hide, ferret! Hide in fear!
And I don't even want to consider poor Haven. When I'm gone for a few hours, upon my return she yowls as if she'd been tormented the whole time. How she'll sound after a week without me, I daren't contemplate. And the litter box! Oh, my poor kitten.

And yet, I have to go. The plane ticket's nonrefundable. Besides, I need a vacation.
"Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die!"
...No arguments there, dude. I'm heading for some booze, munchies and a detachable shower head.